For a couple of decades, the following statewide faculty organizations have been working together in outreach to the State Legislature on higher educations issues related to academic freedom, tenure, shared governance, freedom of speech, funding, and other matters:
- Texas American Association of University Professors (AAUP)
- Texas Association of College Teachers
- Texas Faculty Association, Texas State Teachers Association, NEA
- Texas Council of Faculty Senates
More recently, the above faculty orgs have also been working with
- Texas American Federation of Teachers (AFT), AFL-CIO
- Texas State Employees Union (TSEU), CWA, AFL-CIO
- Texas Legislative Education Equity Coalition (TLEEC)
These connections came from AAUP’s affiliation with AFT on August 1st.
Please see the posts Spring 2023 Legislative Visits and Faculty Visit the State Legislature.